Sunday, June 7, 2015

My Surprise Visit to See Lovie




So after Lovie was gone a week, I was missing her terribly.  Champ and I talked, and decided that we'd work it out so I could surprise Lovie with a visit!

I managed to get ahold of one of Lovie's coworkers who was also attending grooming school with her.  I let her know that I was planning on coming down and when.  She was awesome and helped me coordinate the surprise.

I have to say that I was so excited the week leading up to it.  I had my bags packed the night before and it was so damn hard not to call Lovie up and scream "I'm coming to see you!"  But I had decided to surprise her so that is what I planned to do.  I am an absolute horrible person when it comes to keeping surprises a surprise, just so you know.  I had trouble sleeping the night before, and don't even get me started on how long my half a day at work felt.  It took what felt like forever for me to finally leave the office and hit the road.

The trip there was quite eventful.  It poured rain, and I almost got hit in my car.  I was so relieved when I finally got there.

I met them at a restaurant.  Champ, Lovie, and I had been texting in group text for a while.  The whole way there, I had been planning in my head how I would surprise her.  Would I just walk in?  Would I ask her to come outside?  Would I just text her and say I there?  Would I grab her hotel room key out of her car and just be in her room when she got there?  I played out all of the different scenarios in my head.  It was pretty funny actually, it felt like I was going on my first date with her, even though she has been living with me and Champ for almost 17 months at that point, but honestly me and her have never had more than a few hours alone together.  So, it kind of was like a first date. And it was our first overnight alone date.

I had finally picked out the perfect way that I was going to surprise her.  I thought that I had selected Champ's name on my phone and typed "I'm here."  My phone dinged and Lovie had written "Where?"

I almost slapped myself in the forehead.  I had grabbed the group text icon.  I took a deep breath and walked in.  I responded "I'm here" to Lovie.  I think she was quite confused because she didn't respond right away.  I walked into the restaraunt, found Lovie and her coworker, and sat down.  I was so happy to see how happy Lovie was to see me there.  I had been worried she'd be disappointed some that Champ wasn't with me.

We spent the that night bonding and having amazing sex.  The next day she woke up and had to go to school.  I spend the day at her hotel poolside building this blog, and designing some poly cards.  It was a great break from the day to day that has been bringing me down.  I was so excited when she finally came back to the hotel from school.  We went to the lake with some other students in the school, and ate the most amazing pizza I've ever put in my mouth.  Later that night we went to a gay and lesbian club together with some of the students in the school.  It was a blast.  I do not dance and I was the designated driver, so I wasn't as carefree as I would have been with a few drinks in me, but it was awesome to kinda dance, ok ok, more like stand there while Lovie danced on me, and hold hands and kiss and all that other awesome stuff in public and no one bat and eye.  I have been to a gay/lesbian club before but never with a girlfriend.  It was a much different experience.

We left the club pretty early because everyone had to be back at school early the next day.  I fell asleep in Lovies arms and slept so well.  I woke up the next day, and we said our goodbyes, but they weren't as sad as the previous week's had been.

Seeing Lovie and spending a few days alone with her made me so happy.

Until next time,
















Tags: poly, polyamory, happy poly family, poly love, more than two